Thursday, October 6, 2016

Tundra Skies


Description:
I see a frozen landscape with mountains and colorful sky. The sky is somewhat faded and it makes the mountains and snow seem to pop out at you more. From the title you can tell that it is suppose to be painting of an arctic landscape.

Analysis:
It has a smooth texture and it mostly has dark colors. It incorporates the use of movement, emphasis on the snow, and a variety if colors.

Interpretation:
This piece is about the peacefulness and majesty of the arctic world, the title fits the piece perfectly. It makes me feel calm,  I can almost feel cold winds blowing against my face and breath in the crisp fresh air. The medium gives it a very natural flowing look, but the sky colors could be lighter. The date does not make much of a difference now.

Judgment:
I think over people should see this work because it is very calming and enjoyable to look at. I would definitely hang it on my wall at home, the most memorable part of the piece would be the mountain and the sky as they are the most natural looking part about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment